PPA Members - $50
Non-members - $100
When registering, please make sure that your name listed is as it appears on your psychology license. You will also need to provide your date of birth, last 4 digits of your Social Security number, and Pennsylvania Psychology license number, this information is required by the State when reporting the completion of this course.
2 Continuing Education Credits
Program Description: In 2013 and 2014 Pennsylvania enacted numerous changes to the Child Protective Services Law. The purpose of this workshop is to review the signs leading to the recognition of child abuse and the reporting requirements for suspected child abuse in Pennsylvania. Those mandated reporters who complete this course will fulfill their mandatory requirement for education in child abuse reporting and recognition for license renewal in Pennsylvania. This workshop describes the child welfare services in Pennsylvania, defines important terms related to the child abuse reporting law, and delineates the responsibilities of mandated reporters, ways to recognize child abuse, and other topics.
This course fulfills the Act 31 requirement for license renewal.
Program Learning Objectives: At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the child welfare system in Pennsylvania;
2. Define child, child abuse, perpetrators, and other relevant terms;
3. Paraphrase the responsibilities of mandated reporters;
4. Recognize the signs of child abuse and situations where child abuse must be reported; and
5. Understand how to fulfill their responsibilities as mandated reporters of child abuse.