Pennsylvania Psychological Foundation's
$2,000 Student Education Awards
Deadline to enter for the award is March 15 annually.
The Pennsylvania Psychological Foundation (PPF) has established monetary awards ($2,000 each) to be given to graduate students in psychology. The purpose of these awards is to help defray some of the many expenses incurred during graduate study that may not be covered by other stipends and scholarships.
Applicants will be judged according to the following criteria:
- financial need,
- academic performance,
- potential for service to the field, and
- community service and involvement.
Students should prepare a statement (two-pages, typewritten) that addresses these criteria and should note circumstances that may have presented a challenge to pursuing their graduate education. In determining the final list of award recipients, the Awards Committee will make efforts to assure that the group reflects ethnic and cultural diversity.
- the award must be given to a graduate student of psychology who is enrolled as a full-time student
- the student must be enrolled at a Pennsylvania institution or be a resident of Pennsylvania
Students must submit the following:
- personal information cover sheet (click to download)
- documentation of full-time enrollment in graduate doctoral program (official transcript)
- a typewritten statement (two-page limit) specifically addressing these four (4) areas: a) financial need, b) academic performance, c) potential for service to the field, and d) community service and involvement.
- a curriculum vitae or resume
- a letter of support from their major advisor or program chair outlining applicant's potential for accomplishment and documenting their need.
Send Application no later than March 15 to:
Pennsylvania Psychological Foundation
Student Education Awards
5925 Stevenson Avenue, Suite H
Harrisburg, PA 17112