The Pennsylvania Psychological Association (PPA) Emerging Leaders Program seeks graduate student and Early Career Professional (ECP) members of PPA to join this hands-on, highly experiential leadership development opportunity designed specifically for promising state association leaders. This year long experience will refine and strengthen the leadership skills of those selected for this dynamic program.
The ultimate goal of the program is to identify and nurture future generations of PPA psychologist leaders.
A significant effort will be put into bringing a diverse group of emerging leaders into the program. Early Career Professional is defined as ten year post-doctoral degree. Since the goal of the program is to expand the leadership pipeline for PPA, strong preference will be given to ECPs and student members not having had experience in a PPA leadership role.
The participants can expect to receive three sessions of leadership training and orientation to governance. In addition, each participant will have an experienced leader who will coach them through the implementation of a Leadership Action Learning Project. Finally, selected participants will have their PPA Convention registration fee waived for the 2017 required Convention.
- Leadership training in psychology and the opportunity to contribute to the field
- Exposure to psychologists and psychology leaders throughout the state
- The opportunity to expand leadership potential and explore leadership opportunities through PPA
- Ongoing support and mentorship by a member of the PPA Board of Directors or General Assembly
- Waived PPA Convention registration fee for 2017
- Travel funds for the three leadership training workshops
Click Here for more information about the Emerging Leaders Program
Click Here for an Emerging Leaders Program Application
Addendum A: Leadership Action Learning Projects
Applications must be submitted by email to Erin Brady, Membership Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, by July 1, 2016.
All notifications will be sent to applicants no later than August 15, 2016.
Questions? Contact Erin Brady, Membership Services Coordinator, at email@example.com.